Arent Fox will accept applications for the 10th Annual Diversity Scholarship Program starting December 1, 2014. The firm will award three first-year law students in our Washington, New York, and Los Angeles offices with the following:
- Scholarship of $15,000
- Position in the 2015 Summer Program
- Opportunity to attend the “Leadership Council on Legal Diversity” Conference for 1L Scholars in Dallas, TX
Arent Fox’s 2015 Summer Program will last for 10 weeks; from May 18 through July 24, 2015. The summer associate salary is $3,000 per week, and the scholarship recipient will receive the $15,000 award in July 2015. All scholarship recipients are expected to participate in the 2015 Summer Program, as well as attend the “Leadership Council on Legal Diversity” Conference for 1L Scholars in Dallas, TX.
- First-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S.
- Scheduled to graduate in 2017
- Excellent college and law school academic performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
- Must join the 2015 Arent Fox Summer Program after their first year of law school
- Have a strong interest in joining the Firm as an associate after law school graduation
- Completed electronic Diversity Scholarship Application (you can only apply to one office)
- Personal Essay (one page single or double spaced): Please describe how you have successfully navigated the challenges and barriers in your life, and how you believe these experiences will help you excel as a lawyer.
- Undergraduate transcript (unofficial is accepted)
- Law School transcript (forward to appropriate office as soon as available)
- Diversity Scholarship Legal Analysis (downloadable instructions)
- Contact information of three professional or academic references. (Letters of recommendation are optional.)