Arent Fox will accept applications for the 10th Annual Diversity Scholarship Program starting December 1, 2014. We will award a $15,000 scholarship to three first-year law students in our Washington, New York, and Los Angeles office.
Arent Fox’s 2015 Summer Program will last for 10 weeks; from May 18 through July 24, 2015. The summer associate salary is $3,000 per week, and the scholarship recipient will receive the $15,000 award in July 2015. All scholarship recipients are expected to participate in the 2015 Summer Program, as well as attend the “Leadership Council on Legal Diversity” Conference for 1L Scholars in Dallas, TX.
The Firm will accept applications from December 1, 2014 through 11:59 p.m. (local time) on January 21, 2015. To apply for the scholarship program, please complete the electronic application (which will be posted on December 1) and provide the required materials listed in the downloadable FAQ. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- First-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S.
- Scheduled to graduate in 2017
- Excellent college and law school academic performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
- Must join the 2015 Arent Fox Summer Program after their first year of law school
- Have a strong interest in joining the Firm as an associate after law school graduation
We will interview scholarship applicants in February and announce the winners in March 2015.
Please Note: We do not have any openings for first-year law students outside of the Diversity Scholarship Program. If you do not meet the Program’s eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply in August 2015, when we begin second-year law student recruitment.
For more information about the Arent Fox Diversity Scholarship, please contact one of the following representatives in the column on the right side of your screen.
The scholarship is part of a larger effort to increase Arent Fox’s diversity and attract top lawyers from diverse backgrounds.
To view the recipients of the Arent Fox Diversity Scholarship, please click on each of the following years: