Arent Fox will accept applications for the 11th Annual Diversity Scholarship Program starting December 1, 2015. The firm will award three first-year law students in our Washington, New York, and Los Angeles offices with the following:
- Scholarship of $15,000
- Position in the 2016 Summer Program
- Opportunity to attend the “Leadership Council on Legal Diversity” Conference for 1L Scholars in Chicago, IL
Arent Fox’s 2016 Summer Program will last for 10 weeks; from May 23 through July 29, 2016. The summer associate salary is $3,000 per week, and the scholarship recipient will receive the $15,000 award in July 2016. All scholarship recipients are expected to participate in the 2016 Summer Program, as well as attend the “Leadership Council on Legal Diversity” Conference for 1L Scholars in Chicago, IL.
- First-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S.
- Scheduled to graduate in 2018
- Excellent college and law school academic performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
- Must join the 2016 Arent Fox Summer Program after their first year of law school
- Have a strong interest in joining the Firm as an associate after law school graduation
- Completed electronic Diversity Scholarship Application (you can only apply to one office)
- Personal Essay (one page single or double spaced): How will you be Smart in Arent Fox’s World?
- Undergraduate transcript (unofficial is accepted)
- Law School transcript (forward to appropriate office as soon as available)
- Legal Writing Sample (5-10 pages, single or double spaced): Must be exclusively your own work. The sample may be from your legal writing course in law school.
- Contact information of three professional or academic references. (Letters of recommendation are optional.)
The scholarship is part of a larger effort to increase Arent Fox’s diversity and attract top lawyers from diverse backgrounds.
To view the recipients of the Arent Fox Diversity Scholarship, please click on each of the following years: