Beth focuses on corporate reorganization and bankruptcy matters.
Beth represents committees of unsecured creditors and retired employees, secured creditors, indenture trustees, bondholder and noteholder groups, and other entities in bankruptcy reorganization and liquidation proceedings.
Recent representations include:
- Representation of indenture trustee in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, Inc. et al., involving over $18 billion in debt and in separate litigation against parent Caesars Entertainment Corporation.
- Representation of secured creditors in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings of Offshore Group Investment Limited and the related liquidation proceedings of Vantage Drilling Company in the Cayman Islands.
- Representation of second lien indenture trustee in the bankruptcy cases of Walter Energy Inc. in the Northern District of Alabama
- Representation of creditors' committee in the bankruptcy proceeding of Cengage Learning, Inc. Cengage filed for Chapter 11 protection on July 2, 2013, with approximately $7.5 billion in assets, making it the largest Chapter 11 filing of 2013. Cengage emerged from bankruptcy on March 31, 2014.
- Representation of Official Committee of Retired Employees in East Kodak Company bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of creditors’ committee in SS Body Armor I, Inc. f/k/a Point Blank Solutions Inc.
- Representation of creditors’ committee and liquidating trustee in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of Rock & Republic Enterprises, Inc.
Immediately prior to joining Arent Fox, Beth served as a law clerk to the Honorable Allan L. Gropper, US Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York, where she gained experience working on large complex Chapter 11 cases such as General Growth Properties Inc., Lenox Sales Inc., and Lear Corp.
Beth also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Prudence Carter Beatty, US Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York, where she gained experience working on Chapter 11 cases.
Beth is a member of the UJA-Federation Young Lawyers Division Leadership Committee.
Awards & Publications
Beth was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015.
Her recent publications include:
- “Clarifying TruPS Holders’ Exercise Of Remedial Rights,” Law360; October 2014
Life Beyond the Law
Beth is an avid runner, golfer and sports fan.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
University of Miami School of LawJDcum laude2008University of MiamiMBAcum laude2008University of MichiganBBAwith honors2004