Diversity & Inclusion
At Arent Fox, we believe that excellence and diversity go hand in hand. Diversity produces different
perspectives, richer thinking, and creative solutions to the challenges our clients face. We are committed to seeking and retaining a varied group of attorneys and staff throughout the firm and believe that diversity is a strategic key to success.
Diversity & Inclusion Committee
The Diversity & Inclusion Committee is led by our Chair and includes key members of senior management. We pledge to recruit, retain, and promote lawyers of color, women, and LGBTQ lawyers, and to ensure that adequate firm resources are dedicated to their training, mentoring, coaching, and business development.
By The Numbers
- 47% Promotion. Since 2001, nearly 50 percent of attorneys promoted to partner firmwide were women.
- 35% Women. Women lawyers represent 35 percent of Arent Fox attorneys, including 26 percent of partners.
- 21% Minority Lawyers. Minority lawyers represent more than 20 percent of the firm’s attorneys, exceeding the national average.
- 50% Summer Associates. Since, 2006 the firm’s summer associate classes have been composed of nearly 50% minority and LGBTQ law students.
- A Perfect Score. Arent Fox has consistently earned a perfect score of 100 in the Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign.
Arent Fox maintains a strong commitment to diversity and strives to create a workplace that embraces different perspectives and cultures. Our goal is to ensure that we continue to foster values of inclusion and respect. The Arent Fox Minority Attorneys Group’s mission is to mentor and support minority and diverse attorneys in critical areas such as career and client development, pro bono initiatives, and promotion and retention. We hope that by engendering a sense of community for all of our attorneys we will cultivate a long-term commitment to a fulfilling career at Arent Fox.
Arent Fox LLP advocates for women lawyers’ leadership firm wide, across industries, and within our community. We aim to promote professional development and foster business connections. The firm is dedicated to promoting its women lawyers through the Women’s Initiative, AFWomen. This commitment is reflected in the initiative’s three pillars, “Lead. Develop. Connect.”
OutFox is a mentor program designed to help connect LGBTQ and allied lawyers, paralegals, and alumni at Arent Fox. OutFox works to foster a stronger professional and social network within the firm. The group meets periodically for social and networking events, serves as a sounding board for issues of interest or concern to LGBTQ employees, works to integrate new employees, and looks for opportunities to increase the firm’s visibility within the LGBTQ legal community.
Applications for the 2018 Diversity Scholarship Program are now closed.
If you have questions, please contact our Attorney Recruitment Department:
The firm awards four second-year law students in our Washington, DC, New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco offices with a:
- Scholarship of $20,000. The $20,000 scholarship will be paid in two installments: $10,000 during the student’s second-year summer and another $10,000 payable when the student returns to Arent Fox as an associate after graduation.
- Position in the 2018 Summer Program