Franjo M. Dolenac
Franjo has represented clients in various business and commercial matters, including franchise, antitrust, consumer, contract, energy and environmental, copyright, trade secret, and complex/class action cases. His broad experience includes pre-lawsuit investigations, motion practice, mediation, trial, and appellate brief writing and argument. Franjo has served clients as both lead trial counsel and co-counsel in jury trials, bench trials, and administrative hearings.
Notable achievements for clients include:
- A commercial breach of contract jury trial that yielded a unanimous verdict awarding the commercial bus dealership’s full request for relief;
- A complex, asbestos, jury trial, prevailing on a novel evidentiary motion in limine before the case reached the jury, resulting in no liability to the client;
- A “dealer vs. dealer” dispute involving specific performance and constructive trust equitable claims related to a buy/sell agreement of a new automobile dealership, resulting in a complete victory for the client;
- Two separate protests and resulting administrative merits hearings before the New Motor Vehicle Board prosecuting the dealerships’ protest of termination of their franchise agreements by the franchisor-manufacturer, prevailing on both protests;
- An appeal of a client’s favorable judgment on issues of Commercial Code applicability, substantial evidence supporting the jury verdict, and reasonableness of the client’s attorney fee award, resulting in the Court’s affirming the judgment.
Before joining Arent Fox, Franjo was an associate at an international law firm as well as a boutique automotive law firm. In his earlier career, Franjo worked as a public policy consultant.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US Tax Court
Loyola Law SchoolJDCase Western Reserve UniversityBA,magna cum laude