Lauren C. Schaefer
Lauren counsels corporate and individual clients on various employment issues and disputes and handles related litigation in state and federal court. Her experience includes counseling clients on litigation strategy, conducting research regarding potential causes of action, drafting complaints, answers, counterclaims, and cross claims, drafting and responding to motions and written discovery, preparing witnesses for, taking, and defending depositions, participating in mediations, and drafting employment agreements. Lauren also counsels clients on compliance with wage and hour laws and assists employers in navigating and responding to wage and hour investigations by the Attorney General’s Office. She has extensive knowledge of issues relating to sexual harassment and discrimination.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Lauren was an Associate at a boutique law firm specializing in business litigation and labor and employment law, with a focus on restrictive covenant and trade secret work.
Lauren serves as Co-Chair of the Boston Bar Association’s (BBA) IP Basics Committee and previously served as Co-Chair of the New Lawyers Section. She was also selected for BBA’s Public Interest Leadership Program. In addition, Lauren is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Lauren’s publications include:
- “Drafting Employment Documents in Massachusetts,” Arbitration Agreements, MCLE, 2019 (Co-Author)
- “Application of Contract Law in BG Group v. Argentina,” Boston University International Law Journal, 2016
Lauren’s speaking engagements include:
- Speaker, “Strategies for Success,” Boston Bar Association; June 18, 2019 (Boston, MA)
- Presenter, American Intellectual Property Law Association 2019 Trade Secret Summit; March 21, 2019 (New York, NY)
- Speaker, “Practicing with Professionalism,” Boston Bar Association; February 15, 2019 (Boston, MA)
- Speaker, “Practicing with Professionalism,” Boston Bar Association; June 1, 2018 (Boston, MA)
- Guest Lecturer, “Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants,” Boston University; April 18, 2017 (Boston, MA)