Arent Fox Adds Labor & Employment Duo in Los Angeles
Before joining Arent Fox, John and Roxanne worked together at Mayer Brown LLP.
- A highly regarded labor and employment litigator, John represents clients in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including wage and hour class actions and PAGA claims, wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims, as well as National Labor Relations Act, Railway Labor Act and Occupational Safety and Health Administration issues.
- John frequently advises on internal investigations, reductions in force, non-compete agreements, employee non-solicitation agreements, and the protection of trade secrets and confidential information.
- His clients span the manufacturing, financial services, retail, life sciences, airline, consulting, food and beverage, and hospitality industries.
- John defends clients in class actions under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the California CCRAA and ICRAA, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Education: John received his JD from the Georgetown University Law Center, his MA from Northwestern University, and his BA, with honors, from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Roxanne’s practice focuses on defending and advising clients on employment-related class actions and PAGA claims and issues regarding wage and hour, exempt employees, drug and alcohol policies, reductions in force, sick leave policies, and employment application processes.
- She often works with clients on compliance issues relating to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the California Family Rights Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Ban the Box ordinances, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the California Disabled Persons Act.
- Roxanne drafts employee handbooks and individual employment policies, as well as conducting workplace investigations and audits on behalf of her clients.
Education: Roxanne earned her JD from Loyola Law School, her MA from Claremont Graduate University, and her BA from Scripps College.
Arent Fox’s Labor & Employment group is recognized as one of the premier practices in the country. The group offers practical advice, strategic business solutions, and smart and effective defense to employers of all sizes and industries.