Michele L. Gipp
Michelle's practice includes providing counsel to skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, hospitals, home health agencies, hospices and other health care providers to ensure regulatory and corporate compliance. Michele counsels clients on corporate compliance, state licensure, Medicare and Medicaid, federal and state fraud and abuse issues, health privacy and security, and corporate practice of medicine.
Michele also works with health care providers in their transactional and real estate matters, including formation and licensure, joint ventures, development projects, leases, stock and asset purchase transactions, and mergers and acquisitions of health care facilities.
Michele previously worked as an associate in the health care practice of a New Jersey law firm, where she assisted hospitals, home health providers, hospices, medical and dental practices, and physicians in their regulatory and transactional matters.
- New York Bar Association, Member
- "Telemedicine in New Jersey: The Past, Present and Future," New Jersey State Bar Association Health Law Section Newsletter, Vol. 24, No. 1 (co-author) (July 2015)
- "Helping Doctors to Safely Navigate Social Media," New Jersey Law Journal (co-author) (Sept. 2014)
- Social Media in the Home Care Industry: Benefits, Risks and How to Balance the Two, Home Care Association of NJ, 2014 Annual Conference & Exhibition (June 12, 2014)
- In 2016, Michele received the firm's Albert E. Arent Pro Bono Award for outstanding contribution to the public interest.
Life Beyond the Law
Michele is an avid runner and enjoys long runs along the Hudson River. Michele also enjoys traveling, trying new restaurants, and spending time with her nieces and nephews.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- New Jersey Bar
Fordham University School of LawJD,Managing Editor of the Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal, Vol. XXUniversity of DelawareBA,cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa