With more than 60 attorneys focused on the real estate industry, Arent Fox is recognized nationally for its work representing capital investors, developers, owners, lenders, and REITs in real estate finance, joint venture, leasing, development and acquisition and disposition matters on both an individual asset and portfolio basis, in virtually all asset classes.
We combine legal skill with business acumen to tailor a transaction to each client’s specific needs. The result is a more efficient process and a better outcome. This philosophy has earned the practice and our attorneys high marks for its “top-quality” talent and industry-leading capabilities from publications including Chambers USA, Legal 500 USA and US News and World Report “Best Law Firms."
How We Help
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Construction and Development
- Land Use and Zoning
- Private Equity, Joint Ventures and Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
Arent Fox provides full-service legal counsel to businesses in a wide range of industries. Our real estate attorneys work with lawyers from the firm’s other practice areas to provide comprehensive litigation, regulatory, and transaction counsel to clients in sectors that include fashion, government and public buildings, hospitality, nonprofit, and sports as well as heavily regulated industries such as senior living and health care.
“An elite, full-service real estate firm. A comprehensive team encompassing acquisitions, development, leasing and other aspects of portfolio management for national real estate owners and operators.”
- Chambers USA
- Goldman Sachs in connection with its real estate investment and financing activities, including its $1.56 billion acquisition and financing of multifamily assets from EQR.
- Forest City Ratner Companies in negotiating leases demising approximately 250,000 square feet of space in Brooklyn’s MetroTech Center.
- Quadrangle Development in the development of the $520 million, 1,175-room Washington Convention Center Headquarters Hotel.
- Transbay Joint Powers Authority in connection with its 25-year naming rights transaction valued at $110 million with Salesforce for Salesforce Transit Center, a new, four city block long Transit Center in the heart of San Francisco.