Naming Rights & Sponsorships
Our naming rights and sponsorships practice is among the most active firms in the nation, advising on major transactions coast-to-coast. We have negotiated several historic deals, ranging from counseling Brooklyn Arena, LLC and the then-New Jersey Nets in connection with the Barclays Center naming rights transaction, the largest arena naming rights and team sponsorship transaction in the history of sports and entertainment at the time, to recent headline-grabbing agreements such as the Seattle Seahawks’s naming rights agreement in connection with CenturyLink Field and Mercedes-Benz’s naming rights agreement in connection with Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the largest marketing deal in Mercedes-Benz history.
- LA Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park: Representation in a naming rights and sponsorship transaction with SoFi that makes the digital personal finance company the exclusive naming rights partner of the new SoFi Stadium, the future home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams and the official partner of each of the teams as well as a partner of the performance venue and surrounding entertainment district.
- LA Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park: Representation in connection with certain aspects of the development of SoFi Stadium, including numerous founding partner agreements, sponsorships, and suite leasing.
- United Airlines Memorial Coliseum: Representation of Fox Sports and the University of Southern California in a naming rights transaction in connection with the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Rakuten: Representation of Rakuten in in a multiyear partnership with the Golden State Warriors and the National Basketball Association to place the company’s logo on all of the team’s regular, practice, post-season, and Summer League uniforms.
- Dickies Arena: Representation of Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Co. in an arena naming rights transaction with the City of Fort Worth.
- Intel: Counsel in connection with various sports rights transactions, including its worldwide partnership with the International Olympic Committee and promotional rights with the National Football League.
- Salesforce Transit Center: Representation of the Transbay Joint Powers Authority in a naming rights transaction with Salesforce.
- CenturyLink Field: Representation of the Seattle Seahawks in a stadium naming rights renewal transaction with CenturyLink, Inc.
- Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, presented by New York Community Bank: Representation of Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment (BSE) in a naming rights transaction for the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- UCLA Health Training Center: Representation of the Los Angeles Lakers on a long-term partnership with UCLA Health, including naming rights to the Lakers’ practice facility and exclusive UCLA Health in-game health care support.
- Hard Rock Stadium: Representation of the Miami Dolphins in an 18-year stadium naming rights agreement with Hard Rock International.
- Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park: Representation of Inova Health System in connection with its multi-year training facility and headquarters naming rights and sponsorship transaction with the Washington Redskins.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium: Representation of Mercedes-Benz in a naming rights and sponsorship transaction with the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United FC for Atlanta’s new iconic stadium.
- Golden 1 Center: Representation of Golden 1 Credit Union in connection with the Golden 1 Center naming rights and sponsorship transaction with the Sacramento Kings, which was reportedly one of the largest naming
rights transactions for a single-tenant NBA arena.
- Levi’s Stadium: Representation of the San Francisco 49ers in a naming rights and sponsorship transaction with Levi Strauss & Co. for Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
- Albertson’s Stadium: Representation of Albertsons in connection with its naming rights and corporate sponsorship of the Boise State University football stadium.
- Barclays Center: Representation of Brooklyn Arena LLC and the Brooklyn Nets in connection with the Barclays Center naming rights transaction, one of the largest arena naming rights and team sponsorship
transactions in the history of sports and entertainment.
- Moda Center: Representation of the Portland Trail Blazers in connection with the naming rights and team sponsorship transaction for the Moda Center.
- Time Warner Cable Arena: Representation of the Charlotte Hornets in a naming rights and team sponsorship transaction with Time Warner Cable for the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- PPL Park: Representation of PPL Energy Plus in connection with the sponsorship of Major League Soccer franchise, Philadelphia Union, as well as the naming rights and sponsorship transaction with PPL Park in Chester, Pennsylvania.
- MCI Center/Verizon Center: Representation of the Washington Wizards and DC Arena LP in connection with the initial MCI Center naming rights transaction and the renaming of the MCI Center to Verizon Center.
- PPL Center: Representation of PPL Services Corporation in connection with the naming rights agreement for the 8,500-seat hockey arena in downtown Allentown, PA known as PPL Center.
- AT&T Park: Representation of Pacific Bell in connection with its naming rights agreement for the home of the San Francisco Giants.
- Alltech: Representation of Alltech in connection with the title sponsorship agreement for the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™, located in Lexington, Kentucky, then the largest equestrian sporting event ever held in the United States.
- DC United: Representation of DC United in connection with several sponsorship transactions.
- NHL Enterprises: Representation of NHLE in the negotiation of numerous sponsorship transactions, including the Ticketmaster sponsorship.
- United States Tennis Association: Representation of the USTA in connection with various sponsorship transactions related to the US Open.
- Seiko Epson: Representation of Seiko Epson in its acquisition of worldwide sponsorship and local media rights to Manchester United of the English Premier League.