Trademark & Unfair Competition Litigation
Attorneys in our Trademark & Unfair Competition Litigation practice recognize the importance that a company’s brand, image, and reputation play in a global economy, and regularly assist clients in protecting and defending their brand, reputation, and proprietary business information against exploitation, infringement, and misappropriation.
Our experienced attorneys have litigated trademark infringement, trademark dilution, and unfair competition claims under the Lanham Act and numerous state statutes, as well as false advertising, trade dress, service mark, and trade secret claims in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Given the need to expeditiously protect brands in the marketplace, we are adept in seeking and obtaining temporary restraining orders, preliminary and permanent injunctions, and declaratory judgments.
We regularly represent clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the US Patent and Trademark Office, as well as in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings. Our experience also extends to proceedings in front of regulatory and foreign tribunals, such as the International Trade Commission and the European Community Trademark Office.
Our seasoned litigators work closely with attorneys in our industry-leading Trademark practice to develop the best strategy to ensure the growth and protection of a company’s brand and business, while mitigating potential risk. Our clients span many industries, including fashion, media/entertainment, life sciences, consumer products, hospitality, and food, particularly retail and pet food.
How We Help
- Trademark infringement, trademark dilution, and unfair competition claims under the Lanham Act and state statutes
- Trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- False advertising, trade dress infringement and trade secret claims in federal and state courts
- Domain name disputes in front of the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute proceedings
- Obtaining immediate relief through temporary restraining orders and preliminary and permanent injunctions
- Related Practices