What sets Arent Fox apart is our ability to collaborate with clients to develop and implement sound and cost-effective brand protection strategies tailored to their unique needs.
Our team of more than 40 dedicated lawyers and professionals provides comprehensive service in advisory, counseling, and litigation. In particular, the practice is recognized for best-in-class service in four key sectors:
- Media & Entertainment: We act for more television and movie studios than any other firm. A glittering client roster features top companies that come to us for trademark advice and representation.
- Fashion & Retail: Arent Fox has established itself as the premier trademark firms for fashion industry companies. A long client list includes many of the industry’s best-known brands.
- Food & Beverage: We have become a destination for top companies operating in this industry.
- International Work: Many of our clients have extensive overseas operations. We manage a large number of big trademark portfolios, and handle international trademark disputes. Our team exports more “soft” IP worldwide than any other law firm, and works with a hand-picked network of independent IP firms worldwide.
We are currently responsible for close to 65,500 active trademark applications and registrations worldwide. More specifically, we are responsible for more than 16,900 marks in North America, 13,200 marks in South America, 12,600 marks in Europe, and 23,100 marks in Asia. We are also responsible for more than 2,800 marks in Australia and more than 9,600 marks in Africa and the Middle East. In addition, we are responsible for more than 2,100 formal trademark enforcement matters, i.e., oppositions, cancellations and litigation, not including Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) filings.
Arent Fox attorneys have been engaged with respect to approximately 4,700 trademark clearance searches over the past two years alone.
Arent Fox is consistently recognized for our trademark work. Intellectual Property Today and Trademark Insider rank Arent Fox among the Top 10 trademark law firms in the nation. Most recently, Arent Fox was recognized as one of the two premier trademark law firms in Washington, DC in the inaugural and second editions of World Trademark Review 1000 – The Definitive Guide to Trademark Legal Services.
Among the honors we have garnered:
- Chambers USA: Ranks Arent Fox’s Intellectual Property: Trademarks, Copyrights and Trade Secrets practice Band 1 in Washington, DC and Band 2 in the US.
- Legal 500 US: Ranks Arent Fox’s Trademarks: Non-Contentious (Including Prosecution, Portfolio Management, and Licensing) practice Tier 2 in the US .
- World Trademark Review: Ranks Arent Fox as a gold level firm for trademark enforcement and litigation and prosecution and strategy in Washington, DC, for 2019. The publication also ranked nine individuals within the practice in 2019.
- Managing Intellectual Property: Identifies Arent Fox as the Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year: Northeast and as a highly recommended firm for the District of Columbia for both contentious and prosecution work. Ten IP practitioners are recognized as Trademark Stars.
- US News & World Report and Best Lawyers: Ranks Arent Fox’s Intellectual Property: Trademarks practice Tier 1 in the US.
The WTR 1000 noted that “Tenacious” full-service player Arent Fox boasts over 100 dedicated IP attorneys who “understand business and all the costs involved, and possess profound knowledge of IP protection.” “World-leading corporations know what they are doing when they seek out the firm to protect their rights and there is a reason why they continually choose it to represent them.”