Victor P. Danhi
The automotive group has been recognized by Chambers USA as a leader in the category Transportation: Road (Carriage/Commercial). He represents national and regional automotive dealership clients in consumer class actions and complex litigation, federal and state regulatory matters, unfair competition claims, commercial and consumer litigation, and franchise disputes. Victor has successfully defended clients at trial before juries, judges, and arbitrators. He has extensive experience in the effective resolution of high-stakes litigation, litigation avoidance and regulatory compliance.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully defeated certification of a statewide California Invasion of Privacy (CIPA) class action involving 6,700 alleged putative class members, resulting in a dismissal of the case by plaintiff.
- Successfully defended against and resolved governmental agency administrative and judicial enforcement actions.
- Lead team in 50 state regulatory project for national company seeking compliance guidance for new product offering in automotive industry.
- Successfully defended against or settled claims against dealers in consumer and employment class actions.
- Defended and resolved out of state claims asserted against automobile dealers brought by manufacturers and distributors.
- Defeated statewide Truth In Lending Action class action at pleading stage by successfully demurring to complaint, which was granted without leave to amend.
- Resolved numerous Protests filed with the California New Motor Vehicle Board involving threatened terminations or relocations of California dealers
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Victor was an associate in the Los Angeles office of a national law firm in the automotive group. Additionally, he brings 19 years of technical and managerial experience in military and commercial aerospace and satellite communications to his legal practice. He negotiated and drafted major subcontracts for a leading communication satellite manufacturer and advised its purchasing agents on legal issues affecting government and commercial procurement.
Victor is a member of the American Bar Association and the National Association of Dealer Counsel. He frequently attends industry conferences of the National Automobile Dealer Association, the California New Car Dealers Association, the National Association of Dealer Counsel and the National Association of Motor Vehicle Boards and Commissions.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
“Warranty – Labor & Parts Reimbursement Trends,” National Association of Motor Vehicle Boards and Commissions Annual Meeting, Sacramento, California, September 20, 2019
"Stuck in the Middle – Dealer vs. Dealer (vs. Manufacturer)," National Association of Motor Vehicle Boards and Commissions Fall Workshop, New Orleans, September 2018
"Don't Underestimate California Correction Offers," Law360, September 2015
"What You Need to Know About Proposition 65: Statutory Overview, Legislative Amendments, and Potential Impact on the Automotive Component Part Industry," AAPEX, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 2013
“Franchise Law Update: Risks and Avoidance,” National Alliance of Auto Dealer Advisors Fall Meeting, La Jolla, California, November 2012
“Auto Advisory Services Transmission,” Arent Fox Litigation Update, February/March 2012
Arent Fox and AAS New Laws Workshop, San Diego, California, June 2012
Arent Fox and AAS New Laws Workshop, San Bernardino, California, June 2012
“ASFA reform, relief from tire fee class actions,” Arent Fox Automotive Alert, September 2011
Life Beyond the Law
Victor enjoys outdoor activities and traveling with his wife, Jane. On weekends he can be found boating locally in the San Francisco bay or on the California Delta. He is a member of the Marin Yacht Club and the Seal Beach Yacht Club, and a former member of the American Legion Yacht Club of Newport Beach.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
Loyola Law School, Los AngelesJD,Scott Moot Court Honors Board,2000Pepperdine UniversityBS,cum laude,1997