Laurence H. Posorske, PhD
Larry's practice focuses on representation of technology-based companies of all sizes in matters relating to patents and technology licenses, and strategic counseling on structure and enforcement of intellectual property portfolios. He has legal and patent experience with:
- Novel proteins and recombinant DNA
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Antimicrobial and cancer therapeutics
- Plant Patents and utility patents on plants
- Plant cell technology
- Microbial fermentation methods and equipment
- Drug formulations and therapeutic protocols
- Food products
- Infant nutrition
- Novel organisms, including:
- Transgenic animals
- Gene therapy
- Other cellular control mechanisms
- Imaging and diagnostics, including:
- Artificial intelligence methods
- Medical devices
In addition, Larry has significant research experience in the fields of enzymology, biotechnology, food processing, papermaking, and biomass-to-energy conversion, as an industrial research scientist.
Larry’s work includes:
- Prepare and prosecute domestic and international patent applications, including re-examination, interference, and appeals.
- Oppose and defend over 25 patent Oppositions before five different jurisdictions, including the European, Japanese, and Korean Patent Offices.
- Draft and negotiate patent and technology licenses and joint development agreements for medical devices, diagnostic techniques, and nutritional products.
- Provide Patentability, Patent Validity, and Infringement Opinions.
- Portfolio analysis for investment purposes, representing venture capitalist investors, as well as target companies.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Larry worked at a large, full service firm.
Larry is involved in the following professional activities:
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, American Chemical Society
Publications, Presentations and Recognitions
Larry’s publications include:
- Co-author, How Are Diagnostic Methods Handled by the USPTO? Part II, Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, March 2018
- Co-author, How Are Diagnostic Methods Handled by the USPTO? Part I, Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, February 2018