Tenese L. Lockhart
Tenese is an Associate in the Intellectual Property team, where she helps clients protect and promote their brand. Tenese represents a wide range of clients, including those in the fashion and apparel, music, and health care industries. Tenese also assists clients in matters relating to trademark clearance and registration, brand protection, and packaging review. She regularly works with a multinational Fortune 500 company’s in-house legal and brand development teams on how to choose and protect their brands.
Tenese’s work highlights include:
- Representation of a global Fortune 500 e-commerce company in connection with online brand protection and intellectual property enforcement.
- Representation of a multinational Fortune 500 retail company in trademark matters relating to product packaging design and review.
- Representation of a leading international fashion house in defense of a copyright infringement claim. Tenese’s responsibilities included drafting a motion-to-dismiss and settlement letter.
- Representation of an athleisure brand in defense of trademark claims brought by two global apparel brands.
- Advising clients on sweepstakes and promotions.
Tenese previously worked as a litigation and intellectual property paralegal at two prominent national law firms, including Arent Fox. As a paralegal, she specialized in Hatch-Waxman and patent litigation, as well as inter partes proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Life Beyond the Law
Tenese enjoys playing steel pan, baking, and collecting keychains from various cities, countries, and islands. She is also an avid LA Lakers fan.