Walter F. Merkle, Jr.
Walter has extensive experience in the acquisition, sale, financing, and leasing of commercial real properties. He has formed and structured business entities, including limited partnerships and limited liability companies. In addition, he has significant experience representing family offices, which includes the formation and structuring of various investment entities.
Walter’s representative matters include the following:
- Representation of a group of entities involved in the acquisition, sale, financing and leasing of in excess of 6,000,000 square feet of commercial real properties in the Silicon Valley;
- Representation of a seller in connection with the sale of a shopping center having in excess of 1,000,000 square feet for a sale price in excess of $100,000,000;
- Representation of a developer involved in the acquisition, development and sale of commercial properties including condominiums in the South of Market, San Francisco area;
- Representation of a family of office holding assets in excess of $1,000,000,000 in connection with acquisitions held for investment;
- Representation of an entity owning real property in connection with the preparation and negotiation of a lease providing for rents for the term of the lease in excess of $30,000,000; and
- Representation of a closely held corporation in connection with the negotiation and documentation of portfolio financing of commercial real properties in an amount in excess of $200,000,000.
Before joining Arent Fox, Walter was a founding member and name partner of a boutique law firm based in San Francisco.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
University of San Francisco School of LawJDNew York UniversityLL.M.University of California, DavisBA